Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder Review


image

“Your eyes have an entire rainbow of expression. Play with 32 luxurious colors made of finely milled minerals, amino acids, and vitamins-nutrition for your skin. Apply wet for a dramatic pop of color or dry for a softer, blended look.” Younique 


image
image
image

Wet vs Dry Swatches


image

(in direct sunlight)

image

(in the shade)

image

(with flash)
The Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder come in two formulas, shimmer and matte. I have the shade Infatuated. Infatuated would be described as a matte medium brown that has some ashy undertones.

When applied dry it’s a soft color while wet it’s full color. I think this is more of a loose shadow rather than a pigment. In my opinion a pigment is insanely saturated even when dry, while this is a soft color when dry. That being said it’s a nice color and I like the option of a soft wash of color. I’ve used it in my brow a few times and it’s a great color match, just enough ashy-ness for me. The pigment blends nicely. 
I would say overall this is just a good product. I do like that it is matte! I think a lot of pigments are shimmer shades, so that is a major bonus. They also offer a wide range of neutral shades. So I’m love that they have matte AND neutral pigments. I’ve had no issues with the packaging, the product doesn’t spill out everywhere. 
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes, I rarely find loose shadows in neutral matte shades.
  • How many stars? 3 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Anyone looking for loose shadows (great for MUAs)
  • Price? $12.5 | 1.2 g
  • Last Comments? Thank you to my friend Heather for sending me these products to review. If you decided to buy anything from Younique use Heather as your rep! :)
Have you tried the Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment