Sunday, April 5, 2015

L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation Review

image
“With patented color technology, True Match™ Makeup precisely matches your skin’s tone and texture and coordinates perfectly with True Match™ Powder, Blush, and Concealer. Formulated with Precise Match™ Technology so you can control coverage and fine-tune it. Ultra-pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers, so all you see is beautiful, radiant, flawless skin. With Vitamins A and C, wheat germ and grape fruit extract to keep your skin nourished, protected and healthy. 
Finish: Natural 
SPF: 17 (select shades) 
Coverage: Light to medium 
Skin Type: For all skin types. Oil-free.”


L'Oreal True Match… you are a cult favorite and I kinda get why. 
There are 33 shades and I think it is the most expansive color selection in the drugstore market. The foundation comes in Cool (pink under tone), Neutral (balance of pink and yellow), and Warm (yellow/olive under tone). Cool comes in 10 shade, Neutral in 11, and Warm in 12. I would check out their website if you can’t find your shade in store, they now offer shades in .5 and more deeper shades for all my WOC.
As L'Oreal says it is a light-medium coverage with a natural finish. I would say more medium unless you really sheer it out. I agree it’s a natural finish. If you have oily it will be slightly glow-y and if you have dry slightly more matte. 
image
(no flash / heavy vs blended in direct sunlight)
image
(no flash / inside with sunlight)
image
(no flash / dried blended swatch)
image
(flash / heavy vs blended)
The color I have is W1 Porcelain. Now don’t let the swatches fool you this color is actually more pink. Every single time I wear this I get “you face looks pink”. So I would call this more neutral once set, especially with a powder. (Unfortunately W2 is too dark, but I might bite the bullet and deal with it). I think this foundation does oxidize a tad, not in an orange way but in a slightly darker way. It’s not something that oxidizes so much you need to buy a shade down. I’ve also noticed only the “1” shades oxidize slightly darker. There is something about pale foundation wants to oxidize a bit. I have tons of friends who wear this and they do not experience oxidization. I would also like to note that W1 is the palest foundation in the range, then C1 and N1. Random I know but I’ve heard a few people say C1 isn’t super pale and my sister, paler than me, agrees!
For me this foundation is nice in the fall / winter months (oily skin). I can not wear this in spring and summer. I need a heavy duty foundation with my oil, sweat, and the ATL humidity. It’s light weight and doesn’t emphasis dry patches or pores. I get why it’s a cult favorite. It’s a very basic foundation, in the best way. It works will all skin types and has an average wear time. This isn’t my favorite foundation by any means but it’s nice for light makeup days and for when my skin is dehydrated in the winter. (All my matte foundations are horrible with dehydrated skin). 
While writing this review I found out it contains “With Vitamins A and C, wheat germ and grape fruit extract to keep your skin nourished, protected and healthy.” I think for a drugstore foundation that’s amazing! It definitely makes me feel better about the ingredients. I don’t mean that in a bad way but I’m a big believer in you get what you pay for. Something that is cheaper will for the most part have cheaper (lower grade) ingredients. 
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 3 out of 5 
  • Who would you recommend this product for? All skin types can wear this. I like that depending on your skin types you get a different experience. Oily more dewy and Dry slightly matte.
  • Price? $7-11 (rounded) based on various stores
  • Last Comments? Good solid drugstore foundation. I think this is a great addition to anyones collection. It can be sheered for a tinted moisturizer look or layered for a medium coverage. It’s also perfect for building a kit in the beginning. It’s affordable, major color selection, and can work on all skin types. (Especially if you have the right primer and setting powder).
Have you tried L'Oreal True Match? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment