Sunday, April 5, 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review

image
“Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing.”


I finally am reviewing a “liquid” lipstick! I’m always getting asks about this and I decided to pick up NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. Stockholm is described as a mid-tone beige pink. On my fair complexion it’s a mid-tone beige peachy pink. It has some pink in their but it’s more peach/orange with a strong beige/brown under tone. NYX has 22 shades ranging from light nudes to deep violets. 
image
No flash / With flash / 2 layers not dried with flash (all taken in natural light)
image
I really like this. I have heard mixed reviews so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s a soft matte (ha) finish with good color pay off. I love a doe foot applicator so application was a breeze. On my lips I can get a nice even color on one layer. I also did two to show how the color gets deeper the more you add. It doesn’t bleed and with this particular shade I didn’t get a patchy application. The formula is a cream but it feels light and airy (which I love). It takes about 5 mins for 1 layer to completely set. Once dried I couldn’t feel the product on my lips. 
It wore nicely. It started to wear off in the center of my lips in 4-5 hours. I was eating and drinking though. Applying a second coat was no problem for me. My lips aren’t particularly dry so I didn’t have a problem. I was a little surprised as how long it didn’t last though. People rave about how these are long wearing and they really aren’t. The day after I bought this I saw a youtuber review these and she said they aren’t long wearing thats a common misconception. I agree. The wear time isn’t awful but these are not “dupes” for the typical liquid lipstick. I wouldn’t say these are moisturizing either. When matte products say “moisturizing” to me it means they won’t dry your lips out; not that you’re going to get actually moisturization from a lip balm for example. With these my lips weren’t dry after wearing them.
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes!
  • How many stars? 4 out of 5 
  • Who would you recommend this product for? People who like a matte lip. People who don’t suffer from chronic dry lips. 
  • Price? $6 (target, ulta, nyx.com)
  • Last Comments? I liked these. I’ve always been a matte lips kind of girl. These wear very nicely and are pigmented. I really want to buy the entire collection. 
Have you tried NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, which is your favorite color? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment