Sunday, April 5, 2015

NYX Slim Lip Pencil Review

image
“Slim, trim but never prim, our lip pencils come in a variety of dashing shades—from auburn to orange and traffic-stopping red. The buttery, long-wearing lip liner formula goes on easily and resists bleeding.” NYX

image
image
(flash, outdoors, direct sunlight | one swipe then back and forth 2x)
  • Pale Pink: Light mauve-pink
  • Natural: Deep-tone beige 
  • Peekaboo Neutral: Natural brown with slight pink tones (I would say warm pink tones)
  • Ever: Warm Mauve-brown
  • Mauve: Mauve
In photos these all look quite similar, even the stock photos I used above. I had a hard time getting the pencils to look different but as you can see in swatches you can tell the difference in color. I really love these pencils. A few years ago I owned 2 shades and I threw them away cause I wasn’t a fan. Recently I went back and got some more. They work perfectly well. 
They are on the hard side, as most wooden pencils are. Once you start applying them to your lips the pencil does warm up though. Natural and Ever are my favorite shades. (Natural looks less deep in the photos as it is in real life, the camera pulled the beige a lot.) I have not tried the “pearled” formula only matte shades.
**I didn’t swatch these on my lips because everyone has a different lip color. My lips are ultra fair (think Pale pink but not mauve). All these shades, besides pale pink, are much darker than my lips. I know quite a lot of these shades are peoples actual lip color! :)
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 4 out of 5 (wish they were creamier)
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Anyone looking for affordable lipliners. 
  • Price? $3.50 (NYX & Ulta, I buy them when they are on sale)
  • Last Comments? These aren’t the creamiest lip liners but for $3 they are fantastic! I like pencil liners because retractable ones (ones that are usually creamy) tend to break in the tube or fall out.
Have you tried the NYX Slim Lip Pencils? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment