Saturday, July 25, 2015

Zoeva Brushes: Individual Brushes Review



image

"ZOEVA is a German brand, founded in 2008 by Zoe Boikou. The brand name ZOEVA is composed of ZOE, the Greek word for ‘life’ and EVA, the very first woman. From a basic range of only 10 makeup brushes, ZOEVA now offers a professional portfolio of over 50 makeup tools and 100 colors for a full face makeup routine. Our products are designed to make a real difference in the way women experience their beauty rituals.”



Handle / Ferrule Details:



image




image




image




image

Brushes:

127 Luxe Sheer Cheek


image




image




image

101 Luxe Face Definer


image




image

105 Luxe Highlight


image




image

114 Luxe Face Focus 


image




image




image

129 Luxe Fan


image




image




image

110 Face Shape


image




image

325 Luxe Brow Light


image




image

Brush Description:

  • 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek: “With this luxurious ZOEVA blush brush the application and blending of powder blush will become a feast for all senses. The angled shape of this brush fits the contours of the cheeks perfectly and caresses your skin super gently.” 
  • 101 Luxe Face Definer: “The super fine natural bristles in exquisite hair quality offer even and smooth application of pressed and loose powder and set the makeup to a gorgeous finish. The tapered shape of this brush make it the perfect premium tool to contour your face and to suit every edge of your face.” 
  • 105 Luxe Highlight: “Our ZOEVA 105 Luxe Highlight is a luxurious highlighter brush with a natural-synthetic hair blend free of dye. Supersoft and silky, it’s flame-shaped head creates instantly light-reflecting results.” 
  • 114 Luxe Face Focus: “Our Luxe Face Focus brush is a flat, flame shaped highlighter brush with the softest natural-synthetic hair mix. Due to its handy size it is a great tool for selective touch ups and setting makeup with powder under the eye area.” 
  • 129 Luxe Fan: “The ZOEVA Luxe Fan is a multifunctional tool for the application of highlighter, blush and bronzer. Ideal to brush away eyeshadow fall out. The dreamy soft natural-synthetic hair mix caresses your face and delivers a natural finish with all powder products.” 
  • 110 Face Shape: “The 110 Face Shape is a round shaped, compact face brush to contour the face shape along the cheek bones, the chin line and the temples. The smooth, vegan taklon bristles work with liquid, cream or powder makeup products and offer soft and easy application for a flawless finish.” 
  • 325 Luxe Brow Light: “Made of finest natural-synthetic hair, the ZOEVA Luxe Brow Light is the perfect tool to apply powder highlighter or powder eyeshadow evenly and layerable underneath the entire brow area.” 


image

Review:

  • 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek: I am obsessed with this brush. I love a good angled brush for setting my face, blush, and bronzer. It has a good angle and if thinner than some other angled brushes. It says sheer but it doesn’t apply products sheerly, just evenly! I can get great color pay off with minimal blending. 
  • 101 Luxe Face Definer: The brush has an egg shape. I had never tried a brush like this so I was happy to see it tappers to a nice rounded point vs a V point. So far I’ve used this brush for all over powdering. With all Zoeva brushes I get an amazingly even application. Usually I go over my face 2-3 times to get an even “coating” of powder. With this brush I go over my face once and it’s powdered. Zoeva brushes don’t hold product, so what’s on your brush will go onto your skin. I love that they don’t soak up product. 
  • 105 Luxe Highlight: The 105 is even more egg shaped than the 101, as you can see from the photos above. The brush is perfect for setting under your eyes. I’ve also loved this for contouring, bronzing (you know I love controlled bronzer), and blush. If you apply more pressure you can get a more rounded brush rather than just using the tip.
  • 114 Luxe Face Focus: I have really enjoyed this brush for it not being what I thought. I’ve been eyeing the Tom Ford blush brush. I know I will get it eventually so I didn’t want to get the Zoeva version (which I totally regret btw). When I saw this brush I thought it would be a great introduction to that style of brush. I had a hard time finding photos of this so I thought it was smaller than the 127 but bigger than the 105. It’s basically the flat ferrule version of the 105 (the 105 has a round ferrule). I was so mad at myself when I saw how small it was but I love it. As they describe it I use it for controlled powdering: it’s perfect for baking under your eyes/contour. What I’ve found I use it for the most is touching up powder... I’ll explain. I have oily skin so sometimes when I powder I can have areas that still seem to not be completely matte. I will take this and use it’s flat side to powder where I look shiny still. It’s a must for oily skin, it’s great for getting the chin/forehead shine free without getting powder everywhere leading to cake-y face. 
  • 129 Luxe Fan: For a long time I had never seen the point of a fan brush. I would just a fluffy brush for highlight. Now that I have this I’m converted! It applied product perfectly to cheek bones. I’ve also used this to top off a blush/bronzer with a different color (or shimmer).
  • 110 Face Shape: Out of all the face brushes I have this is my least favorite. It’s quite dense so I use it for applying foundation. It’s a small brush but I don’t mind. I think this would be better for blending out a cream contour. I’m not loving it with powder. It’s also the only brush that has stained a bit. 
  • 325 Luxe Brow Light: (Again another last minute buy) I have a version of this brush that’s the “bigger” version that many brands sell. I really like this brush more. It fits under the brow bone perfectly and gives more control. The bigger version I have I sometimes hate because my highlight shade mixes too much with my crease.  Since this brush is so soft I use it for setting my eye primer as well.
Need helping picking what brushes to buy? Check out the Guide Book!
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 5 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Anyone looking for quality brushes.
  • Price? vary (if you live in the US they lower the price to make up for the shipping cost, ex: site cost of the Face shape 9.80 euro / I paid 8.24 euro)
  • Last Comments? I love these brushes. I can feel the quality in these brushes. I haven’t used any other brushes since I’ve got these. I wanted the big brush set (came with traveling case) and I totally regret not buying it. I’m sure at some point I’m going to buy it because I need doubles. Zoeva brushes are hand cut, hand made, and perfection. Honestly once you use these brushes you will be so disappointed with your other brushes. The brushes are so soft (and stay soft).
Have you tried Zoeva Brushes? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment