Saturday, July 25, 2015

Zoeva Brushes: Complete Eye Set Review


image
“Achieve that model eye-look for your every day life. Each one of the 12 brushes is tailored to create specific makeup techniques like nude, smoky, classic or bold eye makeup.” Zoeva



Brushes:

142 Concealer Buffer
image

image
322 Brow Line
image

image
315 Fine Liner
image

image
317 Wing Liner
image

image
226 Smudger
image

image
237 Detail Shader
image

image
234 Luxe Smoky Shader
image

image
230 Luxe Pencil
image
231 Luxe Petit Crease
image
228 Luxe Crease
image
230 vs. 231 vs. 228
image
227 Luxe Soft Definer
image

image
224 Luxe Defined Crease
image

image

About (via Zoeva):

  • 142 Concealer Buffer: “The roundly bound, handcrafted 142 Concealer Buffer brush is the ideal makeup tool to apply concealer products evenly and super easy around the eyes and every small corner of your face.”
  • 322 Brow Line: “The ZOEVA 322 Brow Line is a wide, short brush made of vegan taklon bristles. The angled shape will help you to create the perfect arch with either creamy or powder products.”
  • 315 Fine Liner: “This handcrafted eyeliner brush has been ergonomically designed to create flawless and precise eyelid lines. The fine tip and and the vegan nylon bristles enable a professional application with cream eyeliner, cake eyeliner and eyeshadow.”
  • 317 Wing Liner: “The soft, vegan nylon bristles easily adapt to your natural lash line and allow an easy and flawless application of eyeliner with gel, cream, liquid and powder products.”
  • 226 Smudger: “The 226 Smudger is the perfect eye brush for a smoky eye effect. This handcrafted brush with short, vegan synthetic bristles provides maximum color control and covers up eye shadow and kohl pencil lines.”
  • 237 Detail Shader: “The delicate 237 Detail Shader eyeshadow brush is the best for the detailed application and shading of eyeshadow. Compact in size, it is perfect for the application in the inner corner of the eye and highlighting.”
  • 234 Luxe Smoky Shader: “With the super soft natural-synthetic hair mix this individually handcrafted makeup brush applies eyeshadow in the right amount on the upper lid and along the lash line and blends color easily for a professional finish.”
  • 230 Luxe Pencil: “This individually handcrafted brush is ideal for precise shading, covering up and smoothing edges in the eyelid crease or along the lash line.”
  • 231 Luxe Petit Crease: “This innovative eye brush is the perfect makeup tool to accentuate the crease and shade eyeshadow edges. The tapered shape and the pointed tip of the brush allow professional, detailed working.”
  • 228 Luxe Crease: “This uniquely soft, fluffy eyeshadow brush fits the contours of the eyelid crease and takes the edge off color. The oval shape and the marvelously soft hair turns this handcrafted crease brush into an easy and conveniently applicable makeup tool that is also suitable for very small eyes. Blend colors and edges artificially and soft, soft, soft.”
  • 227 Luxe Soft Definer: “The flat, oval-shaped Luxe Soft Definer brush enables soft, smooth transitions. With an ease of application this royal soft brush provides every eye makeup with a super soft finish, also when you have very small eyes. For a soft look that underlines seductive femininity.”
  • 224 Luxe Defined Crease: “The ZOEVA 224 Luxe Defined Crease is a feather-light blending brush with a natural-synthetic hair mix free of dye. Like a breath of makeup, the light bristles ensure a flawless and even definition along the crease.”
image

Review:

Since I had bad lighting (forever raining this summer) I couldn’t take my photos before washing them. I always wash new brushes for sanitary reasons. I was really impressed, within these brushes only 2 had some shedding. It wasn’t even shedding really, it was 1-3 hairs fell off on the 224 and 227. Surprisingly enough those were the 2 brushes (out of all 19 I bought) that were the least soft. The brushes are seriously the softest brushes I’ve ever felt, like butter! While washing these brushes I was impressed for a couple other reasons. The brushes didn’t seem to hold soap, meaning I didn’t have to rinse them forever to get al the suds out. Washing them was very quick and when I went to lay them down to dry the brushes kept their shape
  • 142 Concealer Buffer: I’m not a big concealer girl. I’ve use this for concealer though and it works great. When I wear sheer foundation I like to put on concealer on the front part of my cheeks. I naturally have very rosy cheeks. Since this is rounded it blends out great. I’ve used this for under my eyes too, it’s a good shape.
  • 322 Brow Line: When I got this brush I wasn’t sure if I would like it. So far I’m loving it for concealing around brows and applying brow products. When I use this on my brows I find I like it more with cream/gel brow products. Since it’s synthetic it applied the product really well. For example the ABH dipbrow can be very harsh, but not with this brush! My only complaint is it’s a bit too long (not the hairs, the actually shape). I can’t do my tail with it. (the 266 smudger is the same brush but at a tapered round edge, for size comparison)
  • 315 Fine Liner: I have a few different liner brushes but none with an angled handle. I found it easy to work with and the actual bristols are very nice. The synthetic bristols don’t fray, it comes to a nice point, and is very thin! Since I have hooded eyes I rarely wear liner. The 315 gives me a thin line that doesn’t take up much space. Since the brush is completely white it does stain a white-gray shade after washing. (not that big of a deal, but worth mentioning)
  • 317 Wing Liner: As with the 315 Zoeva does a great job at making thin liner brushes! The angle is really nice and gives a sharp wing. I actually use this as a brow brush! It’s so thin that you can get hair like strokes. It actually took the spot of my holy grail MAC 266, which I thought would never happen. I have to do my brows with this now (powder and cream/gel). It’s amazing and staple in my collection.  
  • 226 Smudger: The 226 is synthetic. Zoeva has very soft brushes overall but the synthetic ones are exceptional. I don’t get any scratchy-ness with this. If you have sensitive eyes, I would check out this brush. 
  • 237 Detail Shader: This brush might seem a bit trivial to a makeup newbie but it’s perfect! It gets you inner corner so bright and glowy. I don’t know what it is about the brush being smaller that actual gets a better inner corner application. I’ve been really into halo eyes (thanks beyonce) and it’s great for doing the pop of lightness on the center of the lid. I’ve used this with cream and power, the brush works well with both mediums. 
  • 234 Luxe Smoky Shader: I use this as a basic lid brush. This is my favorite type of brush for lid work. The tip is slightly tapered so you can use it for blending on the lower lash line, liner, etc.. This probably one of my favorite brushes I bought. It might be basic but the basic brushes are the most important! 
  • 230 Luxe Pencil: The brush is fairly stiff but has some movement. I like this more for working in the crease than my lower lash line.
  • 231 Luxe Petit Crease: The 231 is slightly stiff (not as much as the 230). It’s a great crease brush. The 230, 231, 228 is like the holy trinity of blending brushes. All you need are these 3 to get the perfect crease. 
  • 228 Luxe Crease: I’m in love with a brush. The 228 is the best brush in this entire world. It blends so good and fast. I’ve found I tend to over blend with this brush. It’s so soft and blends so well that I’m doing too much blending (thanks old brushes for not blending well)! This brush has help me cut down on time and overall is just fantastic. Even the weight of the brush is amazing. Can I get 10 more please?!
  • 227 Luxe Soft Definer: This was the most disappointing brush from the set. I’m sure if you have the MAC 217 this would look similar but it’s not as tapered. The cut of this brush is a bit flat. Regardless I find myself using it everyday. 
  • 224 Luxe Defined Crease: The bristols are sparse in this brush allowing a soft diffused look. I love using this in the outer corner where I want really deep soft outer v. I also use this brush to go on the outside edge of shadow to diffuse the outer edges. The hairs are cut bluntly (straight), compared to the above blending brushes.
Need helping picking what brushes to buy? Check out the Guide Book!
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 5 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Anyone looking for quality brushes.
  • Price? vary (if you live in the US they lower the price to make up for the shipping cost, ex: site cost of the Face shape 9.80 euro / I paid 8.24 euro)
  • Last Comments? Zoeva makes the best brushes I’ve tried! I don’t think I’ll be wasting my money on other brands. I seriously recommend trying out these brushes because they are decently priced and very high quality.
Have you tried Zoeva Brushes? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment