Sunday, April 5, 2015

Lorac Pro Palette Review

“Go PRO with the LORAC PRO Palette! Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 shimmer and 8 matte eye shadows in all the shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC’s velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO.”


Lorac is pretty accurate in naming their shades.
Top Row (matte)
  • White: This white isn’t extremely pigmented. It’s a sheer white. In the pan it looks like it has shimmer but it doesn’t.
  • Cream: Cream runs fairly neutral. Again like white it’s not that pigmented but a sheer wash.
  • Taupe: Taupe is a warm medium brown. It’s the one shade that isn’t exactly taupe which is a grey-brown shade. *Just a little clarification Taupe will be a light brown on medium-deep skin tones but on my fair complexion it’s not light enough to be a light blending shade. 
  • Light Pink: Exactly as the name suggests this is a light baby pink. Similar to white it looks like it has a shimmer in it but it doesn’t translate when used.
  • Mauve: Mauve is a gorgeous shade that I wish they sold in a single shadow. Purples are usually hard to find a good pigmented shade. This one is the perfect mauve; a pale amethyst purple.
  • Sable: Sable is a medium/dark neutral brown. It’s not as light as taupe but not as dark as espresso. 
  • Espresso: As you would expect Espresso is a very dark brown that is cool.
  • Black: This is shade is your typical black, not anything extraordinary.
Bottom Row (shimmer) 
  • Nude: Nude is a pinky nude.
  • Champagne: This is one of my favorite shades. It’s a has a small micro glitter but it doesn’t stick. The shade is neutral almost borderline pink nude. In the shimmer shade this is the one shade that is kinda not exactly a the name described. I imagine a champagne to be a light golden shade. 
  • Gold: This gold is a standard shade. The gold is more of a medium gold shine with a warm peachy gold base. 
  • Light Bronze: I love a good light peachy gold! This is a light tan gold shade. It’s not what I imagine bronze to be like.
  • Pewter: Pewter is quite gorgeous. I don’t think I have anything like it. It has a mauve-y vibe to the grey base.
  • Garnet: Okay I know I keep saying I love this shade but I love a good rust shade! (The shimmers in this palette are amazing.) This is another favorite because finding a good red rust (opposed to a  orange rust) shade that has this much shimmer and pigmentation isn’t easy to find. 
  • Deep Purple: Deep Purple is a dark purple that has an almost black base. The purple isn’t the base but more of the shine.
  • Slate: Ugh I hate slate. Blue based grey/silvers are just not my cup of tea!
(no flash in sun light)
(with flash)
The formula of Lorac shadows is nice. They have good pigmentation and have that “buttery” feel! The only downfall is they have quite a bit of kick-up. Not that kind where you rub your brush and you get kick up but if you put your brush in the shadow at all you’ll get kick-up. Besides the kick-up issue I like the shadows. The shimmery shades are very shimmery! There is no doubt that when you swatch a shimmer shade it will be satin-y. The matte shades have a good texture. The matte shades I don’t get as much kick-up with. They blend really well and don’t look chalky.
The packaging is sleek. It’s a thin cardboard and has a decent sized mirror on the inside. The cardboard is slightly rubberized. The closure is magnetic and I’ve never had a problem with it popping open. The only downside is that the kick-up can makeup your palette look really dirty! But that’s whatever, it doesn’t make me dislike the palette.
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes / I wish they sold the shades individually.
  • How many stars? 4 out of 5 
  • Who would you recommend this product for? It’s a great basic palette. It has a wide range of matte and shimmers. It’s great for traveling, daily use, and for a kit.
  • Price? $42 and comes with a mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer (Ulta and Lorac’s website)
  • Last Comments? I enjoy this palette. When I first got it I wasn’t impressed. Now that I’ve had it for a while I like it more. My biggest problem with the palette is the shadows have too much kick-up and the white & cream shade aren’t very pigmented. White and Cream “highlight” shades are my favorite types of shadows. So I was disappointed that I couldn’t get them to build up. Yet the rest of the palette is great. (Oh they should of replaced Slate with a light blending brown). That’s just a personal thought, I hate blue-grey shades! 
Have you tried the Lorac Pro Palette? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment