Sunday, April 5, 2015

Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask Review

image
“Polution, debris, it’s a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. Then, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.”

This product is meant to be a mask but I find it’s not what I want in a mask. I would say this is an exfoliator. I see why they say it’s a mask (charcoal to draw out impurities) but it really irritates me it never dries down! How can Kaolin be the 4th ingredient and the mask doesn’t even dry? Okay besides the fact that it’s not exactly a mask everything else about this ‘mask’ was a big no for me. The sugar in it is straight kitchen sugar. I would of thought it was finely milled sugar but no it’s big grains of sugar. I personally didn’t like this, I found it quite rough. I will say it exfoliated well but I was hoping for a better feel.
Upon application I could tell it was fragranced and I mean FRAGRANCED. I was shocked it was so low on the list. (All ingredients under 1% they can put it in which ever order though) It didn’t smell bad it had a nice scent but it was strong. I figured whatever I can get over it. After I applied it I felt my face get warm. I’m not a fan of things that have a warming agent because I naturally have a inflamed face. When I went to rinse it off the sugar slowly dissolved while I was exfoliating. As I went to rinse my face the 'scent’; went into my mouth and I almost puked. As you rinse the product it seems to turn into an oil. The oil went on my lips which went into my mouth and it was so bad. This leads me to the last reason I didn’t like the product, the oil. I have never ever heard anyone comment on this. The mask turns into a weird oil that makes your face feel smooth. I didn’t like this because I felt like I couldn’t get the oil off my face. The first time I mistook it for a soft face and my face was oily after 45 mins. I really have no idea how people with oily skin like this mask. My skin is normal in the winter and I was a hot mess after an hour.
Ingredients:
Sucrose, Propylene Glycol, Carbon, Kaolin, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Maranta Arundinacea Root Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxide (CI 177491).
  • Would you re-buy this product? No.
  • How many stars? 1 out of 5 (It did exfoliate my face)
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Dry/Combo Skin who suffers from acne.
  • Price? $4.29 | 6 fl oz.
  • Last Comments? I really hated this mask. (Yes hate) I want to try other masks by them, ones that are actually clay masks.  My sister liked this mask. She enjoyed the scent, the product didn’t irritate her sensitive skin, and exfoliated her dry skin well. 
Have you tried the Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment