Sunday, April 5, 2015

Benefit Box o’ Powder Review

image
Today I’ll be reviewing the permanent Benefit Box o’ Powders I own. I have Rockateur, CORALista, Dallas, and Hoola.


image
Rockateur 
  • “This rockin’ rose gold cheek powder gives a famously provocative flush that turns heads on stage and off. The crowd will go wild for its sexy faceted design, accented in luxe gold. The angled brush gives rich, show-stopping payoff every time.”
  • Rose gold blush
  • .17 oz | $28
CORALista 
  • “Take a tropical pleasure trip with CORALista. Sweep this warm coral pink powder onto cheeks anytime, anywhere. Move your brush to the beat & turn up the heat… bikini optional!”
  • Coral pink sheen blush
  • .28 oz | $28
Dallas
  • “It’s an outdoor glow for the indoor gal! Benefit’s newest pressed powder is a sun-kissed rose glow for rich, enviable beauty in a box. Sweep Dallas across cheeks, chin, and forehead to lift away signs of dullness and give your complexion a naturally radiant and vibrant glow—so sheer, it’s a wash of color that will benefit just about every skin tone.”
  • Rosy bronze blush
  • .32 oz | $28
Hoola 
  • “This powder is like Barbados in a box! Sweep Hoola across the chin, cheeks, and forehead with the accompanying brush for a healthy, natural looking tan year-round— no tanning bed necessary.”
  • bronze powder / matte
  • .28 oz | $28
image
Rockateur, Coralista, Dallas, Hoola | No flash / flash in natural light
Benefit blushes are some of my favorite. They have a lot of pigmentation and blend out beautifully. The blushes also are long lasting and don’t fade patchy. I wear these or my Nars blushes the most often. The texture of these are smooth but slightly powdery. I don’t get a lot of kick up but I get a tad. 
Out of all the shades Dallas is my favorite and Coralista is my least. Dallas is a great color for blush and a light bronzing effect. I’ve worn this shade a lot on natural makeup days as a blush/bronzer and always receive compliments on it! Coralista is the least pigmented of the 4. It’s meant to be quite natural with a hint of sheen. I personally can’t get this to build a lot of base color on me. It’s the only shade I’m not completely sold on. Rockateur is very unique! I love a good rose gold shade. I don’t know why this shade comes with the least amount of product though. Regardless I own nothing like it and reach for this shade a lot. Hoola is a staple in any makeup lovers collection. It’s a good matte bronzer that can be used for contouring. I use it more as a bronzer for some reason I’m not a huge fan of it as a contour shade (since I got my MUFE shadow).
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 4.5 out of 5 
  • Who would you recommend this product for? All.
  • Price? $28 (I buy mine at Ulta/Sephora when they send out 20% off coupons)
  • Last Comments? I love these powders! They come with a little blush that is perfect for applying them. I always use the little brush when using these products. If they made them into full size brushes I would buy them. The product itself is a great formula. I really want to someday have the entire line-up (minus dandelion). 
Have you tried any Benefit Box o’ Powders? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment