Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills: Beauty Genius Review

“A clear, waterproofing gel that bonds, seals, and waterproofs any powder makeup. This gel ensures powder makeup, including loose pigments, shadows, micas, and glitter, stay put.”


Let me start off this review with this product is underrated! I bought this on a whim because my friend owned it and told me she liked it. The first few times I used it I liked it but it took some getting use to. The key to this product is less is more. I wish it came in a sanitary squeeze tube. Regardless I love it, just make sure you realize a little goes a long way. 
As stated above it’s a waterproofing gel. I have hooded eyes and whenever I wear anything on my lid within 30 seconds the color is transferred. I love a shimmer lid but it always would end up in my crease and look like I applied shimmer every where. Anyone with hooded eyes knows this looks like a hot mess and not in the good way. So the way I like using this is applying a thin layer on my lid. While my lid is still closed I press my lid color on. Next I pat my lid with my finger to get any excess shimmer “fall out” off. Then viola! my lid has a non-transferring shimmer! 
I love that my lid color (shimmer and matte) no longer smudges up with my crease. This isn’t the only way to use this product:
  • Mix it with a loose pigment. (great for easy application)
  • Mix it with a pressed powder. (make your own gel liner)
  • Apply it then apply glitter. Multi-use glitter base? Yes please!
  • Mix if with your brow powder for your own ABH Dip Brow + it acts as a clear setting gel.
  • Eyeshadow primer? I’ve never tried this but my friend uses it as an all over primer.
image
This product is really amazing and honestly changed my life. 
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes, as soon as I run out.
  • How many stars? 5 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? People with oily lids, hooded/mono lids, glitter/pigment users, and people who want to make their own liner/brow products!
  • Price? $18
  • Last Comments? This is a holy grail product for me. I’m obsessed with pigments, shimmer, and glitter. This has made an easy way to use these products.
Have you used the ABH Beauty Genius before? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment