Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Glossier Generation G Review




image

"A soft, popsicle-stain flush is our idea of a perfect lip.” Glossier







image

Crush, Like, Cake


image

1 swipe vs 2 swipes / Cake, Like, Crush
Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash (flash is most accurate of colors)

Claims:

  • “But no lipstick in the history of lipsticks looks like this. So we invented our own—Generation G. 
  • It’s a new kind of lip color that gives the look and finish of a stain, but that glides on and wears like a tinted balm. Because lipstick shouldn’t complicate your look. 
  • Premiering in four important shades designed to look amazing on everyone: two that subtly enhance your natural lip tone, and two for a more saturated look. 
  • The effect? Diffused, sheer matte goodness—just swipe it on. 
  • No liner, no blotting, no YouTube tutorial necessary.”
Cost: $18
Size: .04 oz / 33.4 ml
Colors:
  • Cake: peachy nude
  • Like: cool pink
  • Crush: strawberry red
  • Jam: grape jelly purple
Ingredients:
  • Ethylhexyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C10-18 Triglycerides, Isohexadecane, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Punica Granatum Sterols, BHT 
    MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)


image

Review:

The Generation G lipsticks are nothing like I’ve tried before. They apply like a waxy lip balm but are completely matte. The color pay off in 1 swipe gives a slight tint but 3-5 can give quite a lot of pigment. When you layer the lipsticks they do not get heavy or apply patchy. I wore Crush to work one day and it lasted an 8 hour shift with minimal color fading! I wore Cake on my mom’s birthday & daughter fun day and it didn’t fade, even in the rainy weather. 
My favorite part of the Generation G lipsticks is it’s not very drying. With it’s balm like texture it stays comfortable on the lips all day. In a recent video I saw an employee use Jam as a blush. In that moment I remembered the lipstick does have a cream cheek stain texture (from other products I own) without being greasy. So far I’m super impressed. I hope they come out with more colors. Like isn’t my favorite on my skin tone and I don’t think I’d like Jam. But Crush and Cake are beautiful. I’ve received so many compliments wearing Crush. It’s the perfect popsicle summer lip (I love a red lip). 
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes.
  • How many stars? 4 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Anyone. 
  • Last Comments? I really enjoy these. They are quick and easy but give a nice hydrated matte lip look. I can throw them in my purse and re-apply them without a mirror. When I wear them I get minimal inner ring goop too!
Have you tried the Glossier Balm Dotcom? Thoughts?
glossier.com/reps/rebecca link gives 20% first purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment