Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Colleen Rothschild Treatment Complex: Vitamin C, Retinol, and Salicylic Acid Review!



image
Colleen Rothschild currently has 3 Treatment Complex products in her line up: Vitamin C Treatment Complex, Retinol Treatment Complex, and Salicylic Acid Treatment Complex. 






image

Claims:

  • All Treatment Complex products have the Colleen Rothschild propriety Level E3 technology.
    • “The addition of our exclusive delivery system LevelE3, mimics the skin's own natural lipid barrier which decreases trans-epidermal water loss while extending the effectiveness and efficiency of key ingredients.”
  • All products are formulated without: 
    • Parabens, SLS/SLES Sulfates, Phthalates, Triclosan, Formaldehyde, PABA, Toluene, Benzene
  • All 3 serums are 30 ml (1 fl oz).
  • Price Range:
    • Vitamin C: $65
    • Retinol: $65
    • Salicylic Acid: $45 
  • You can buy Colleen Rothschild on her site.
Vitamin C Treatment Complex: 
  • “Vitamin C Treatment Complex improves natural radiance and clarity while defending against environmental aggressors. A powerful form of vitamin C helps reduce the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and increases cell turnover, leaving skin more even and radiant. 
  • Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is a modified, lipid-soluble form of vitamin C able to penetrate the epidermis 16 times more effectively than ascorbic acid, thus reaching the dermis where it stimulates collagen production. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.”
Retinol Treatment Complex: 
  • “Cell turnover gets a boost with Retinol Treatment Complex, a scientifically advanced, multi-faceted treatment that targets the five primary causes of visible aging.
  • The appearance of wrinkles is minimized, pores are cleared, and dull skin is improved. Results are a brighter looking complexion.
  • Comprehensive blend of micro-encapsulated Retinol and Retinol-like botanical in our exclusive time-released delivery system LevelE3 dramatically extends the effectivess of these ingredients.”
Salicylic Acid Treatment Complex:
  • “Salicylic Treatment Complex is a potent problem-solver that refreshes and refines the skin.
  • Contains Niacinamide and Willow Bark, a natural source of Salicylic Acid, which work synergistically to tackle the appearance of large pores, discoloration and rough texture, while promoting clear skin.”

Ingredients: 

  • Vitamin C Treatment Complex:
    • Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba (Mulberry) Root Extract, Artemisia Capillaris Flower Extract, Zizyphus Jujuba Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Plankton Extract, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Glycine Soja Extract, Lecithin, Panthenol, Squalane, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Micrococcus Lysate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta
    • Colleen Rothschild Key Ingredient:
      • “Vitamin C: improves natural radiance
      • Bearberry Extract: diminishes photo aging
      • Wu-Bai Complex: brightening”
  • Retinol Treatment Complex:
    • Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Retinol (Vitamin A), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata Gum Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Bakuchiol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Plankton Extract, Lecithin, Glycine Soja Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Micrococcus Lysate, Squalane, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
    • Colleen Rothschild Key Ingredient: 
      • “Retinol: encourages skin renewal
      • Bisabolol: calms & soothes
      • Boswellia Serrata: anti-inflammatory”
  • Salicylic Acid Treatment Complex:
    • Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Dimethicone, Salicylic Acid, Salix Purpurea (White Willow) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Glycine Soja Extract, Panthenol, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 60, Dextrin, Polydextrose, Niacinamide, Amylopectin, Disodium EDTA, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Hydroxide
    • Colleen Rothschild Key Ingredient: 
      • “Salicylic Acid: promotes clear skin
      • Willow Bark: improves tone & texture
      • Rosemary Extract: provides oil control”

Review:

About Serums:
  • Serums are applied after toner (or face wash if you don’t use toner) and before moisturizer.
  • Take a large pea size and pat into skin. The product will usually feel tacky as it’s being absorbed.
  • Wait about 1-5 mins before applying moisturizer.
  • The Vitamin C Treatment Complex can be used day and night.
  • The Retinol Treatment Complex can be used at night. (Don’t use retinol during the day).
  • The Salicylic Acid Treatment can be used day and night. Make sure to wear SPF if you wear it during the day!
I found out about Colleen Rothschild from a video from MakeupbyTiffanyD! I really trust her so I took the plunge and only bought 2 serums at first. I bought the Retinol and Salicylic Acid. Between the two my favorite is the SA. I use it during the day to help keep my oil at bay and to help keep blackheads / pimples away while wearing makeup. The SA Treatment Complex is lightweight and overall I’m very happy with how it preforms. 
I use the Retinol Treatment Complex at night 2-3 times a week. I alternate with my Drunk Elephant serum. The Retinol serum has a slightly thicker consistency. As MakeupbyTtiffanyD said I almost feel like I (oily skin) don’t need a moisturizer when I wear it. I think it’s made to not be drying, as retinol has a tendency to be drying. While I do not have any complaints about the Retinol serum I think between all 3 it’s my least favorite, and the one I’d be least likely to buy again (unless she had a great sale).
After really enjoying the 2 serums I decided to take the plunge and buy the Vitamin C Treatment Complex. At this point I thought I already had a great VitC serum but I since I enjoyed the other serums I thought why not try it out. All I can say after the first use is WOW! It’s hands down the best Vitamin C serums i’ve ever tried. For the first time after using a Vitamin C serum I actually felt like my skin looked radiant. Out of all 3 this one feels the most lightweight on the skin. I use this sometimes during the day and other times at night. It just depends. I currently have quite a few serums so I rotate around. 
If you are thinking of ordering some of her products look out for sales. Colleen Rothschild always as great sales going on. I’ve bought all the products I own from her at least at 15-20% off.
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes!
  • How many stars? Vitamin C: 5/5 Retinol & SA: 4/5
  • Who would I recommend this for? Anyone. The Retinol serum I would say is best for mid-20′s or older / drier skin types.
  • Last Comments? Overall I love these serums. The Vitamin C Treatment Complex is now a staple in my skin care routine. I highly recommend it. The SA Treatment Complex is my second favorite. I think if you have oily skin or are breakout prone it’s a great day serum. (Also it’s so hard to find serums with SA). The Retinol Treatment Complex is not bad! I think it’s formulated for a drier and/or mature skin types.
Have you tried anything from Colleen Rothschild? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment