Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summer Essentials: Lips



image
  • Quick Days: Products I can throw on (and in my purse)
    • Nars Chelsea Girls Gloss: I love this lip color. It’s so effortless. I throw this on when I want glossy lips, which I prefer in the summer. Since it’s a neutral pink, think MLLB, I can retouch without a mirror.
    • Glossier Crush Generation G: In the summer you will catch me in a nude lip or full on red lip. Crush is the perfect quick-y red lip. It gives a hit of red, like you just ate a popsicle, without all the precision and patients a matte liquid lipstick takes. 
  • Glam: Full lips and pigment
    • YSL Le Orange 13: This is by far my most worn lipstick in the summer. It is the perfect mix of red and orange. The YSL Rouge Pur Couture formula is long lasting, full color, a satin finish, and not drying. I gives juicy lips without the overly glossy look. (Also I feel like a bold lip makes me look put together when I’m wearing almost no makeup.)
    • Bare Minerals Swag Gen Nude: These Matte Liquid LipColor are new to Bare Minerals line (coming in July). The formula is a liquid matte lipstick that isn’t drying. This is your standard liquid lipstick, you will get transfer. (See the next option for budge proof lips) I really enjoy this color because 1) every time I wear it people want to know where to buy the color and 2) it’s matte color that is comfortable to wear. 
    • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks: Stila makes my favorite liquid lipsticks. They are thin, don’t crack, and last all day! If you want something smudge proof I suggest these. They have a wide range of colors from reds, nudes, plums, and pops of colors! 
  • Toppers: Things to mix with any lip color
    • Buxom White Russian Full on Lip Polish: White Russian is a very light pink nude. I love to wear this on top of any nude or pink. I’ll wear this over lip liners, liquid lipsticks, or lipsticks.
    • Bite Honey Luscious Fruit Lip Gloss: Summer is the only time of year I’ll consider wearing glitter on my lips. Honey is practically translucent with a fine shimmer, micro-glitter. You can feel a bit of grit as the color wears off. I love toping this on any color. I like that is has the thicker formula because I can feel when I need to reapply.
  • Maintenance: Keeping those lips healthy
    • Dior Lip Maximizer: I know another clear gloss! I like wearing this while I get ready. It has a subtle plumping effect (filling in lip lines) and moisturizes my lips before application. 
    • Bite Lip Mask: This is a staple in my collection. If you want to wear a liquid lipstick (or matte lip) and not have patchy dry lips afterwards wear this the night before.
    • Glossier Balm DotCom: Coconut is my fav flavor. (They currently have 4 other flavors depending on your preference.) I carry this in my purse for when my lips get dry. If you go out to eat your lip color is bound to come off. I’ll throw this on while eating and when I’m about to leave excuse myself and reapply my lip color. BAM!, my reapplied lipstick isn’t crusty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment