Sunday, July 31, 2016

Current Skin Care Routine



image

Day, Night, and how to save money on buying products! My skin type is oily with v slight dehydration. (as of 7.16)



Day

  • Cleanse  
    • Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser: I’m about to run out of this cleanser, but it is what I’m currently using. I’ve bought it before but I don’t know if I’ll buy it again. I’ll most likely just use my CeraVe cleanser.
  • Tone
  • Serum
    • Colleen Rothschild Salicylic Acid Treatment Complex: Since this has SA in it I use this when I know I’ll be sweating. Sometimes at work / running errands I know I’ll be getting sweaty and I use this as a precaution for breakouts. 
    • Paula’s Choice Calm Redness Relief Repairing Serum: My skin naturally has a lot of redness in the cheek area. This serum is hydrating and doesn’t irritate my skin.
    • Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: I’m currently using this serum until it runs out. It’s lightweight but I found a different Vitamin C serum I like more that has more stable packaging.
  • Moisturizer
    • Tatcha (Balanced) Pore Perfecting Water Gel: Tatcha doesn’t have many products for oily skin so when I saw they released this I immediately bought it. It’s gel based with gold flecks. The gold flecks are 100% pointless and the price would definitely be cheaper without them. Besides that con I really like the moisturizer. It’s really hydrating and helps with makeup application because it does leave a “tacky” feel like primer.
    • Clinique Dramatically Different Gel: This is an oldie but a goodie. I like using this moisturizer on days I know I will be washing my face mid-day (not wasting my expensive moisturizer).

Night

  • Makeup Remover
    • Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser: I love this cleanser. It can be used alone or as a makeup remover and can be used on wet or dry skin. I love this because sometimes I forget to remove my makeup (aka getting in the shower first) and an oil makeup remover won’t work once skin is wet.
    • Banila Co Clean It Resveratrol: Half of the Banila Co Clean It products have mineral oil and half do not. This one doesn’t and it’s amazing. It goes on as a balm and turns into a creamy oil. Out of all the cleansing balms I’ve tried this one it the most lightweight. I can even not wash my face afterwards and feel clean.
  • Cleanse
    • CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser: I was on the hunt for a new face wash about half a year ago. After some research I found this cleanser. It foams (which I like because of my clarisonic) and has a good pH for the skin.
  • Physical Exfoliator
    • Colleen Rothschild Dual Enzyme Polish: I love a physical exfoliator!!! Recently I’ve been using chemical based ones and I wanted to start (missed) using a physical exfoliator. The Colleen polish is a enzyme and physical exfoliator. I like using this in the shower 1x a week. Since this has to be left on 5-10 mins I will use a hair mask and/or shave.
  • Tone
  • Serum
    • Colleen Rothschild Vitamin C Treatment Complex: I’m in love with the vitamin c treatment. I can see a difference in my skin with this serum. Vitamin C helps with fading dark marks, is anti-inflammatory, helps with brighter skin, and boosts collagen. 
    • Paula’s Choice Resist C15 Super Booster: Paula has a lot of booster products. I use 3 of them. The booster products are meant to be mixed in with serums to add a boost of anti-aging. This one contains a different form of vitamin c than my colleen serum. I usually mix these two, sometimes I will mix this with my calm redness serum.
    • Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum: Besides my physical exfoliator, listed above, I use two chemical exfoliators. The drunk elephant one is a glycolic acid exfoliant. Glycolic acid helps with sun damage and photo-aging. I have both chemical exfoliant listed under serums because I don’t use a serum the nights I use these, I do not mix them with boosters either.
    • Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid: Another exfoliator! BHA (salicylic acid) helps with pore size, blackheads/whiteheads, skin texture, acne, and increases collagen production. 
    • Paula’s Choice Calm Redness Relief Repairing Serum: (see above)
    • Paula’s Choice Resist 10% Niacinamide Booster: This is fairly new to my routine but I can already see results. Niacinamide helps with pore size and this formula has extra antioxidant (anti-aging) benefits. It’s a water-like texture so it doesn’t make my skin feel oily.
  • Eye Cream
  • Moisturizer
    • Drunk Elephant Hydra B Intensive Hydration Gel: Drunk Elephant makes amazing products. I have never been disappointed. This moisturizer is gel based and very lightweight. It’s not that “intense” so if you have oily skin don’t let the name scare you away, the Tatcha one is more hydrating. 
    • Paula’s Choice Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster Serum: I use this a few times a week. I mix this with my moisturizer to add a boost of hydration. I mostly use this when I exfoliate or do a mask that day and want to lock in hydration. 

Save $$$:

  • eBates: eBates is a site where you can save a percentage of your money shopping on sites. You go to eBates.com and search the store you want to shop. Click the link and it will redirect you to the store and activate your cash back. When you sign up (& make a purchase within a month) you get $10 too! They send checks 4 times a year, you get your first check after you make a purchase. (sephora, ulta, paula’s choice, nordstrom, etc.. offer eBates)
  • Paula’s Choice: I have a link for $10 off your first purchase https://goo.gl/Lk2K6P. She usually has sales going on every month too. If you ever want to try a product she sells samples. (PC has eBates too)
  • Glossier: i have a link for 20% off your first purchase glossier.com/reps/rebecca
  • Colleen Rothschild: Her site usually has different products on sale every month!
  • SokoGlamSokoGlam is a US based site selling korean beauty products (Banila Co). Save 20% off your first purchase with my link https://www.talkable.com/x/CJ5Baw. They give free samples with orders too.

No comments:

Post a Comment