“ACE-FERULIC is an advanced rejuvenating serum that promotes dermal restoration and provides a powerful defense against skin aging due to sun exposure and environmental stressors. Dermatologist-formulated triple-blend of antioxidants neutralize free radicals to eradicate the oxidative stress that can harm skin over time. Enhances skin’s ability to fight signs of photo aging by providing protection against the sun’s damaging ultraviolet radiation.” Solvaderm
Claims:“Professional-strength treatment improves the structure of the dermal layer by boosting the synthesis of skin-supporting and strengthening collagen and protein fibers. The nourishing, penetrating blend delivers curative and preventive benefits to dramatically improve skin’s overall appearance, texture, and tone.”
Key Ingredients:*Antioxidants neutralize free radicals which causes cell mutation (skin damage).
- Ferulic Acid: Ferulic acid is a rice based antioxidant proven to double the photo protective capacity on the skin when combined with Vitamin C and E. Vitamin C oxidizes very quickly becoming unstable, no longer beneficial. The addition of Ferulic acid at 0.5-0.8% is proven to help keep both vitamins stable longer as well to it’s antioxidant benefits.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that promotes collagen production and fade hyper pigmentation.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E helps add hydration/moisturize, is an antioxidant, and helps fade scars / age spots.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic Acid is one of the best ingredients to adds hydration to the skin, plumping skin.
- Niacinamide (B3): Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B. It helps fade discoloration / hyper pigmentation, help with skin texture, improve skin elasticity, and overall helping with anti-aging.
- Panthenol (B5): Panthenol is a form of Vitamin B. It helps improve the skin barrier function (as does the above ingredients) and add hydration/moisture.
Review:The Ace-Ferulic serum is a professional grade serum. The brand is centered around scientific research and formulated by Dermatologist. Solvaderm is made in the USA. The actual serum is packed with vitamins to help with hyper pigmentation, sun damage, and free radical damage. Ferulic Acid is an innovative skin care ingredient and when combined with Vitamin C and E is a powerhouse! (Benefits above) Solvaderm products are phyto-stem cell active. This means that they use the best plant stem cell based active ingredients with science to create their products. Phyto-stem cell products allow the product to use the purest and most intense concentration of ingredients.
Upon initial application I was impressed with how it felt. It absorbs fast and doesn’t leave a tacky feeling for long. The directions doesn’t state how many drops to use but after some testing I recommend 4 for neck and face. After using the serum for a few days I’m already seeing results. My skin is very soft. I feel like my skin looks more radiant and has a healthy glow to it as well.
I’m not seeing a ton of fading in hyper pigmentation but that’s expected. Your skin “regenerates” every 2-4 weeks so I don’t think I will see fading results for at least two weeks. This is why with any product you will not see “dramatic” results for at least a month when using consistently. The main benefits of this product, besides pigmentation issues, is more dermal deep. That being said I’m loving this serum.
My only cons with the product are: it makes my skin a tad oily (only my forehead), I would love to know the pH of the product (#estheticianproblems), and it makes my pores more pronounced. I think that might have to do with the humid, hot weather though.
- How many stars? 4.5 out of 5
- Who would you recommend this product for? all skin types.
- Price? $109 at Solvaderm (Keep in mind this is a Pro product used by Skin Care professionals, Dermatologists, and Plastic Surgeons | available to the general public)
- Last Comments? The serum is honestly great. I don’t expect to see results instantly, this is something that will benefit my skin in the long run! I love this because most of my products are more of “instant” benefits. I use a serum with Retinol, a moisturizer, toner, etc which are great for anti-aging... but a really great serum that is at the top of it’s field will definitely help my skin with free radicals/anti-aging in the grand scheme of things. I really want to try some more of their other products.
These product was sent to me for review. My opinions/thoughts are completely honest! ♡