Sunday, July 12, 2015

AEsthetica Cosmetics Contour Kit Review


image
"The AEsthetica Cosmetics Contour Kit works to sculpt and highlight your favorite features. AEsthetica Contour Kit combines darker matte pressed powders and illuminating highlighting shades, in a handbag-friendly mirrored palette!”



Packaging:

image

image

image
(part of booklet, also has direction which is on the back of actual kit as well)
image
(plastic sheet between palette and mirror)
image
(sleeve back, sleeve front is the same as front of actual kit)
image
(outdoors)
image
(direct sunlight)
image

Swatches:

image
(direct sunlight)
image
(indoors / flash)

Review:

I bought this because I had seen many reviews comparing this to other brands. From what I’ve seen many compared the colors to exactly like Anastasia Beverly Hills but a creamy formula like Kat Von D Shade and Light. 
The highlight shades come with 2 matte brightening shades and 1 shimmer. The contour shades are all matte. Cameo is a light beige-pink. Radiance is a light yellow. Glow is a light peach-y pink with a subtle shimmer. Sunkissed is a warm slightly reddish (not golden) brown. Picture Perfect is a light-medium brown taupe. Flawless a warm orange-y brown.
As a pale girl I find only a couple of these shade useable! Cameo and Radiance are too dark for brightening under the eyes. But I do get use of these for cleaning up “baking” my contour or setting areas of my face. Surprisingly enough Glow reminds me of a less shimmery MAC Shaping Powder (I own Emphasis for reference on shimmer). I use this under my eyes to brighten, it gives a lovely glow-y look. (Note: it brightens because of the shimmery glow not the actual color) The peachy tone helps color correct a bit too! Within all the highlighters they have a nice range. The Cameo shade is no where near as light as Ben Nye Cameo and Radiance is lighter then Ben Nye Banana. (Banana on me turns dark, it’s a deeper based yellow). 
The contour shades seem to be the most disappointing on myself. Sunkissed, appropriately named, is not a contour shade for me. It is much to warm and bronze-y. That being said... it’s a great bronzer. Picture Perfect is the only strong cool under-toned shade and is great. I can contour with it and it has just enough warmth to not look ashy or grey on the skin. Flawless runs quite orange on me. I think if you’re a deeper complexion (nc15+) you wouldn’t experience the amount of orange. Upon initially looking at the palette I thought it would be the shade I liked most for bronzing. I used it the first day and it just didn’t work for my skin.
As I said I as a bit disappointing while using this palette. Mostly because none of the shade are useable in the way I wanted them to be used. That being said I can use Picture Perfect, Glow is gorgeous, Sunkissed is a nice bronzer, and Cameo/Radiance have a use for cleaning up any mistakes. These would also make wonderful shadows. I say this because the formula of these powders are so good! They are creamy without the mass amount of kick-up. The blend out effortlessly and have a good pigmentation. The powder is creamy enough that it doesn’t make my under eyes look dry but it keeps me matte. When I’ve set my face with these I don’t get that heavy powder feeling but it’s not overly smooth like silica powders. 
Overall I’m impressed with the quality. I love that it comes with a booklet, face map, and detailed directions. This kit is very new to contour/highlighting friendly. 
  • Would you re-buy this product? Yes, individual shades. 
  • How many stars? 4 out of 5
  • Who would you recommend this product for? Skin tones from light-medium. I’m fair and as listed above the shades can’t be used exactly for the purpose but they are good quality. 
  • Price? $59.95 via AEsthetica Cosmetics website 
    I bought mine all on hautelook for $25 and it’s on Amazon for 29.95!
  • Last Comments? The shades can be bought individually which is nice. I think Glow is really pretty. It’s a nice medium between a matte under eye brightener and a shimmery one. It’s give a glow, ha, so to speak. Picture Perfect is a nice contour shade. It’s cool without being overly rosy / gray. My biggest problem with NYX Taupe for example is I’m a warmer neutral so the rosy taupe tone looked blush-y like on me.
Have you tried any AEsthetica Cosmetics products? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment